Old August 26th 05, 08:33 PM
Nick

> It's story time, boys and girls!!

<snipped in order to save the internet>

Great story, but did you have the day off?!

I think there's something a bit awry with the story, if I have all my
metaphors mapped out correctly?

Surely, the problem was that when Timmy split with Tammy, Tammy kept
his lawnmower, retrofitted it to only cut to 1", and sold it.

Timmy then began to create his new lawnmower, but he decided that he
would continue to tell everybody what he was doing, posting the
occasional picture of the new lawnmower and bits of test lawn, putting
up notices explaining his progress, even providing an area for
interested folk to gather and discuss Timmy's split with Tammy, and the
new lawn project.

Eventually, Timmy put up a notice explaining that he had developed a
new part for the lawnmower, one which would enable him to cut people's
hair with it(!). Everybody read this notice and said 'I don't want
short hair, I want a short lawn!'. Some people said that being able to
cut hair was a worthwhile addition to the lawnmower, although these
people were generally shouted down as the lawnmower was designed to mow
grass, and Timmy could do what he liked to the lawnmower in the future,
but his primary goal should be to concentrate on finishing his lawn.
Some people also pointed out that Timmy should perhaps have spent more
time on the lawn instead of making postcards with pictures of the
lawnmower and selling them.

Just at this moment, when faith in the new lawn project was perhaps
decreasing for the first time since it began, Timmy decided that
instead of putting up a notice explaining that the hair cutting extra
was only added while it was raining (and thus he was unable to cut any
grass due to the inclement weather, so it did not take any time away
from the main lawnmowing job), he would simply cease posting any
notices, pictures or information whatsoever. Thus people, with no new
information and a track record of failed lawnmowing attempts from
Timmy, decided that maybe Timmy shouldn't really be trusted. Maybe he
was still mowing the lawn, maybe he had emigrated to St. Lucia.

Nobody knew.

Meanwhile, as other people begin making lawnmowers that are cutting
grass shorter and shorter, it could well be that, if Timmy is still
working on the lawn (and we are told by some members of his family that
he is), then by the time he has finished his 1/4" lawn, somebody else
might have already built a lawnmower that can cut 1/8". If, however,
Timmy is still hard at work, and he does finish his lawn, and the rest
of the world hasn't overtaken him in lawnmowing technology, then people
will once again be amazed, and will apologise to Timmy for doubting
him, and even pay him lots of money to dance on his new lawn.