Old June 21st 19, 11:46 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.freeware,rec.autos.tech
Xeno

Default How would you run a lateral acceleration test in a vehicle ontwisty roads at no more than 40mph?

On 22/6/19 4:56 am, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
> How would you run a lateral acceleration test in a vehicle at slow speeds
> from 20mph to 30mph on twisty roads and at no more than 40mph?
>
> The issue is discussed in this repair thread:
> o Clare - are smaller car tires easier to balance than SUV tires?
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.home.repair/So4om4fLtmI>
>
> Where I picked up a free graphical tool for testing acceleration:
> o Sensors Multitool, version 1.3.2, by Wered Software
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wered.sensorsmultitool>
>
> Where there are two types of acceleration graphed
> o acceleration
> o linear acceleration
> <https://i.postimg.cc/7hPhBY5b/accelerate01.jpg>
>
> Where I'm not sure yet how to construct the test experiment:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/qqZJjcfZ/accelerate02.jpg>
>
> Since what I want to measure is
> o lateral acceleration
>
> Any advice for how best to set up the measurement test?

https://www.academia.edu/people/sear...hicle+dynamics

The above link should get you to this book;

Thomas D. Gillespie-Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics
Society of Automotive Engineers Inc (1992)

You can then download the full PDF file and that should help you get
started. I have the hardback copy of that book. The content therein
should get you started in the right direction.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)