Old October 15th 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Default NA Sticky Exterior Door Handle

On 10/14/2010 10:05 PM, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> "Chuck" > wrote in message
>> Since the asphalt "sticky stuff" is so messy, I usually cut the
>> plastic (razor blade), then use Duct Tape when things go back
>> together. If you cut so that the door structure is behind the cut, it
>> makes it easier to tape back together. The asphalt is usually in an
>> inch or so in from the edges of the door metal structure.
>> Don't forget to lube the window mechanism while things are apart.
>> (helps keep the plastic "chains" from breaking, and electric motors
>> (if you have them) from doing such things as stripping gears or
>> cooking the window switches.)
>>

> Now there's good advice on TOP of good advice! :-)
> Chris
> 99BBB

My 99SBB has, at one time or another, had my hands in just about
everything but the engine innards and the rear axle guts. One of the
tasks involved adding insulation matting to the trunk, "tunnels", and
under all the carpeting. A really painful task (I have a bad back) was
adding in dash wiring for the turbo and added gauges in the center
console. Another fun one was to add a power cable for a Valentine RD
inside the windshield trim, and wire additional courtesy lights, with
wires going to the base of the windshield pillar. I had to take the
seats out, and build up/cushion the floor to keep my back happy.
Sound mats were added to the door panels when I added the rest of the mats.