Old October 14th 10, 07:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Default NA Sticky Exterior Door Handle

Since the asphalt "sticky stuff" is so messy, I usually cut the plastic
(razor blade), then use Duct Tape when things go back together. If you
cut so that the door structure is behind the cut, it makes it easier to
tape back together. The asphalt is usually in an inch or so in from the
edges of the door metal structure.
Don't forget to lube the window mechanism while things are apart.
(helps keep the plastic "chains" from breaking, and electric motors (if
you have them) from doing such things as stripping gears or cooking the
window switches.)