Old September 10th 14, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Sway-bar bushings. Was: Low-speed suspension noises?

On 09/08/14 10:38 pm, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> Anyway, I got the old bushing out and installed the new one, but the
> bolt that brought other metal out with it -- after cleaning up the
> threads of both the bolt and the part into which it screws -- does not
> grip. I'm thinking of trying to find a longer bolt with the same thread
> and putting a nylock nut on the bottom.

I bought two bolts longer than the original, and it was only the longer
of those two that protruded below the frame and allowed me to put a
washer and Nylock nut on it.

BUT I can't say that there is any significant improvement in the
"clunking," so I guess I have to think about replacing other parts as
well. I couldn't feel any significant movement anywhere, but many of
those other rubber bushings don't look too healthy.

Perce