Old December 10th 11, 02:09 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Study on rats confirms solidarity

On Dec 10, 7:49 am, Jim_Higgins > wrote:
> On 12/9/11 5:40 PM, TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
>
> > snip

> So you and GLOBALIST help each other escape from cages?

The cage is only metaphorical. We do stay in cages all the time, home
or car can be "cages." Yes, walking or riding a bicycle is an act of
liberation.

The Wisdom of the East and Solidarity are our best hope:

On Dec 10, 8:48 am, "classroom" > wrote:

> Please tie your posts into the particular Group
> into which you are attempting to "educate"
> according to your "purpose" which you feel
> "clearly can change human behavior"
> for example how the foundation of capitalism
> relates to Buddhism, Zen, Taoism, etc..
>
> Thank you.

Obviously the rat race and Eastern philosophies are at odds. It's the
very reason many of us turn to these groups. Some propose MEDITATION,
some RIDING A BIKE, HAMMOCK and PADDLE BOARD. The end result is the
same: NO RAT RACE. How can you best resist the urge to run if not by
lying in a hammock?

Notice how some in the West --and the East as well-- promote the rat
race. They fail to say that you end up "running to survive" --not for
the hell of it-- so some rat at the top has a secure life.

Actually I think Wisdom is in trouble unless we put up an act of
resistance. They do promote openly their rat race...

(I QUOTE)

Are we just selfish hypocrites who have fallen too deeply in love with
a synthetic commercial world, with all its gadgets and traffic?
Happiness books typically implore us to surrender our raw capitalistic
drives, to levy taxes on high earners, and to derail the rat race
before the entire world turns into a human-size Habitrail, plastic and
pointless. And speaking of a Habitrail, these Edenists claim we are
spinning on what has become known as the hedonic treadmill, so that
the more we have the more we want. Typical advice: “Don’t worry, be
frugal.” Or reach for the Prozac.

In my book, 'Rush: Why You Need and Love the Rat Race,' I take on a
seemingly preposterous task, employing the latest research in
neuroscience and behavioral economics to argue the opposite: It is the
race itself — sloppy, risky, and tense — that can bring us happiness.

http://www.cuckleburr.com/book-excer...-todd-buccholz