Old December 10th 11, 01:22 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism,alt.fan.noam-chomsky,alt.fan.michael-moore
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Study on rats confirms solidarity

On Dec 9, 5:31 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> wrote:
> I don't want to point out anyone in particular, but this study on rats
> proves my Wisdom of the Jungle right...
>
> A rat goes to the rescue of another rat in distress --me-- even when
> that means sharing chocolate cookies. My struggle to ride a bike --
> dangerous to me and others on sidewalk-- must not be ignored or else
> we'll be all worse than rats. Again, rats do NOT jump ship when it's
> sinking, and we all know the world is sinking.
>
> WATCH LIBERATION ATTEMPT BY RAT...
>
> http://www.npr.org/2011/12/09/143304...will-work-to-f...

From the comments above...

They don't scam, don't fight,
Don't oppress an equal's given rights,
Don't starve the poor so they can be well fed,
Or line their holes with the dead ones bread

~from "Rats" by Pearl Jam

***

But it's nearly impossible to give a hand to a fellow rat when
everybody is part of the rat race. The problem may be the rat race
itself, not the rat. You easily see this in the traffic out there (in
my part of the world). You give a light signal, they block you.

Deep, deep stuff.