Old December 23rd 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Turned the tables on cops

On Dec 23, 11:43*am, Harry K > wrote:
> On Dec 22, 9:14*pm, gpsman > wrote:
> > On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:

> > > *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> > > long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

> > Define "long enough".

> As long as he wants? *Did you have a point?

Yeah. I don't wander in my lane, so "long enough" would be too long
to maintain the interest of anyone.

> > > Even
> > > if not there is the old, *reliable
> > > 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> > > a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

> > You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

> LOL and you think the judge will take _your_ word over the cop's. *You
> must be living in a fantasy world.

My chances of being cited are slim, probably not even by mistake, or
by someone just being a dick. I know what to say to cops to avoid
being cited for minor offenses.

Plus, I have a CDL. Rumor has it cops tend to be reluctant to write
truckers for minor offenses in a 4-wheeler.
-----

- gpsman