Old December 23rd 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Turned the tables on cops

On Dec 21, 9:26*pm, Harry K > wrote:

> *It is hardly news but it does prove the point. *Follow any driver
> long enough any a cop can find a legal reason to pull him over.

Define "long enough".

> Even
> if not there is the old, *reliable
> 'wandering in lane'. *"I saw him over the centerline/fogline twice in
> a 1/2 mile". *Just try to prove you didn't.

You don't have to "prove" it, only create reasonable doubt.

I don't weave in my lane.

I can explain the techniques I use to maintain the center of my lane,
and I have video as evidence it works. That was the unstated point of
the first video I posted here, and not a single r.a.d. expert noticed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1WTgKD4gE

Of course cops don't operate any better than the average idiot (I'd
say the "driving" in this video is worse than average). They don't
have any more education or training, and they're pretty ****ing
unlikely to get a ticket.

The average motorist seems likewise to have substantial difficulty
maintaining their lane, which has -got- to be the most frequent
violation after following too closely, which are the main criteria I
use to argue they shouldn't be allowed to motor at all, and it would
be unwise to provide them higher speed limits.
-----

- gpsman