Old June 1st 04, 11:10 PM
C. E. White

richard hornsby wrote:

> .........Before DRLs were popularized, a
> study in Europe found that you were some 30% less likely to be in an
> accident with your headlights on - simply because of the added
> visibility and how our brains react when we see light rushing toward us.

Most of us don't live in Finland or Sweden or Norway, so a
study conducted a Nordic Country before DRL were common (and
thus obviously different), probably has very little
relevance to some guy riding around in Florida in August.
Persoanlly I hate DRLs, and I especially hate my Vue's DRL.
They are too bright, and I can't tell you how often I have
forgotten to turn on my "real" lights at dusk becasue they
appear to me to be just like the headlights (except for the
stupid green warning light on the dash).

Ed