Old October 10th 05, 02:43 PM
edward ohare

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:27:44 +0100, Geoff Berrow
> wrote:

>I noticed that Message-ID: >
>from edward ohare contained the following:
>

>>I don't have weight info on the SP250, but the Corvette and Avanti
>>aren't light for their size.

>I have it on authority from someone who had one that they went like the
>proverbial excrement off a digging implement, but that may be apocryphal

Surprisingly, I had two friends who owned these. One still had his
when I knew him. The car certainly should have been relatively peppy.
They said so, but they had mostly been around 4 cyl stuff.

Just don't get too carried away with the idea its a V8 and remember
its only 2.5L, There are frictional issues with a V8 that small,
which, traditionally, is the upper edge of 4 cyl size and lower edge
of 6 cyl size.