Old November 7th 12, 05:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

Default Turn Signals

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:11:21 -0600, against all advice, something
compelled Grandpamike >, to say:

>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:41:46 -0800, Steve Daniels >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something
>>compelled Grandpamike >, to say:
>>
>>>I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn
>>>signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the
>>>signal,the lights d not blink <signal> but when I check outside the car,
>>>the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.
>>>
>>>First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it
>>>still would not work.
>>>
>>>Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?
>>>
>>>Any help appreciated.

>>It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me
>>'04 TT.
>>

>The emergency flasher is working, that was the first thing I checked.
>How did you fix the problem ?

I took it to a dealership, and they replaced the flasher button.
It's a well known problem. Dude had it diagnosed from the same
description you are posting here.

--

Having Mitt Romney at your cocktail party is the social equivalent of two people not turning up.

- Timothy Stanley 4/25/12