Old June 30th 13, 01:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Ahhh the smell of summer

"Rufus" > wrote in message
> tww1491 wrote:
>>

>> "Dad" wrote in message
>>
>> Hot asphalt, smoking tires, burning oil, and brakes.......
>>
>> Only 125 MPR+, some day I'm going to get this thing in 5th gear.
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> Summer indeed. Already very hot here in Middle GA south of
>> Atlanta.
>> Lots of rain. Recall back in the 50s and into the 60s people with
>> sports
>> cars (Healeys, Triumphs. MGs and even Corvettes) used to wave when
>> they
>> passed each other. Not so any more, although us S2000 owners do
>> wave or
>> blink headlights. Another fine tradition gone.
>>

> ...out here Covetters and bikers still wave...I think most like
> vehicles still wave at each other.
>
> But I know I'm not going out *today* to wave at anybody...heading to
> 115 today, and I heard at breakfast this morning that it was 130 in
> Death Valley yesterday! Talk about "hot asphalt"...
>
> --
> - Rufus

It used to be that the C5 whiners said the older Corvette drivers
didn't wave because they were jealous, and the older ones said the C5s
didn't have the Corvette knowledge to keep up the wave. Then it
repeated when the C6 came out. I have to admit I'm caught paying more
attention to driving than I do the whiners. If I see any Corvette in
time I wave, if not, live with it.

I saw that Death Valley might reach 130 yesterday but didn't know it
had, one hot mother to drive through. All the way from Beatty to
Mojave every sound the car made would make you jump, thinking it was
going to fail any time. Was in the high 60s here last night and a
light rain right now.