Old June 26th 13, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Ahhh the smell of summer

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> "Dad" wrote in message
>
> Hot asphalt, smoking tires, burning oil, and brakes.......
>
> Only 125 MPH+, some day I'm going to get this thing in 5th gear.
> ___________________
>
> They've been rebuilding Cumberland Avenue the last couple of years,
> and now between my house and the local Wally World there are 3
> (three!) roundabouts in that two-miles, one-way. This is fun when
> there's no traffic around.
>
> AJM
> '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

AAAAAh crap I missed the H in MPH, just as bad as unloading this thing
and missing third gear. Just haven't got that down yet.

Can't gripe to much but I've been rained on every time I take the '64
to a cruise in or car show this year. After last year I'll take the
rain any way we can get it.

They have been building some of the roundabouts near me and I'll take
them over the stupid 4 way stops any day. One time when I was new to
driving in England I passed a car in a roundabout on the left hand
side. Most everyone close by wanted me to know they had a horn and
middle finger. Found out later that to passing someone on the left was
not the thing to do. I like that, now a days you never know when there
is someone passing you on the right but then but due to the Left Lane
Losers it has become necessary.