Old August 20th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default (UK. )Waiting delivery of new MX-5 Tech Sports (10 days I hope), Tyres??

In article
"Tim M." > wrote:

> I was not aware that the Miata was capable of speeds above 120mph.

Stock, my '94 could reach an indicated 128 mph. I'm guessing the true
speed was circa 122. Until I got Konis, though, it was less than stable
over 110.

FWIW, 110 mph comes up fairly quickly. Then you shift into 5th, and
further progress is glacial. Nonexistent, if headed even slightly uphill.

But there are plenty of modified Miatas that are rpm limited, with a top
speed that depends on their gearing and whether the rev limiter was
"adjusted."

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO