Old February 28th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

Default Letter To Muscle Machines

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:49:09 GMT, "¾ - Dave - ¾"
> puked:

>aint it the ****s getting old?
> the cars I had as a kid in the early 80's were 60-70s cars about 10-15
>years old -- pretty obtainable for the average kid hotrodder.
>todays generation in the 2000's looks back 10-20 years for a car and see's
>mostly 80's stuff.. that is what they have to work with. so maybe the
>magazine is trying to appeal more so to the average day hotrodder.?

I don't think so. I've been a subscriber for 2 or 3 years and I think
they try to sweep the gambit of cars. Some of them aren't performance
cars by any standard except maybe the corresponding model years, but
they play up how scarce the car is or whatnot. The magazine is more
of a 'restorer's' type magazine than a hot rodder mag.

I almost canceled last year because I was getting tired of the tedium
of reading about the designers and statistics and whatnot, but at the
last minute they dropped the subscription price and I said WTF.

In my opinion, I don't really mind the articles on the mid 80's cars.
Something different. Not muscle machines, but different none the
less...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?