Old August 25th 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

Default 2005 Dodge Caravan 6 CD Changer Issue

"Smitty61" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> hi,
>
> I purchased a brand new dodge caravan 2005 which has a built in dash 6
> cd changer. After about a week all my cds got stuck so I brought the
> van back to the dealer and they installed a new unit. They returned the
> cd's back to my once the factory was able to get them out.
>
> Soon after same thing happened again. Dealer told me I cannot use Burnt
> homemade cd's?? WHAT THE HECK IS THE DIFFERENCE!!! they are made just
> like the store bought ones!!
>
> I took it to another dealer and they replaced the unit.
>
> Seemed ok for a little while but now I am having the same issue.
>
> CD's get stuck ? I have many friends with hondas and toyotas and other
> make cars with 6 cd changers and they never had a problem. WHY DO I
> HAVE THIS ?? Am i just getting a LEMON radio every time or I cannot use
> burnt cd's like they said???
>
> CRAZY!!!

(Some) (have you tried a different brand?) recordable compact disc media,
such as CD-R and CD-RW, may not comply with the standard CD format used in
automotive CD players. When these CD's are used, you may encounter error
messages, skipping, or delaminating of the labels, which can cause an eject
failure. It is important to question whether these kinds of CD media are
being used. When you encounter these symptoms, check the system with a known
playable CD. The media may not be compatible with some automotive CD
players. Replacing or exchanging the CD player will not address these
issues. You do not have a lemon radio.

Glenn Beasley

Chrysler Tech