Old July 26th 04, 11:15 AM
Gareth Tuckwell

I would love to use the jacking points on the 156JTS, but there don't seem
to be any!

There is a ridge runs right from the front to rear wheels and there is a
matching notch out of the jack, but there is no indication of where along
the ridge I should place the jack - there is no little triangle, arrows, or
marks on the ridge. I put the jack either side of ridge, about 10cm back
from the front wheel arch and when I started jacking it creaked and looked
like it was going to bend, so I took it back down again and moved it further
along from the wheel, where it seemed stronger, but much further away from
the wheel than on other cars I have jacked up.

Whilst I love Alfas, I don't know much about mechanics - can change oil,
etc, but that's it. So I don't know what an A-arm is - I think it is part of
the suspension and I'm guessing that it is 'A' shaped, but how do I find it?

"Catman" > wrote in message
.. .
> Carl Farrington wrote:
>
> > Gareth Tuckwell wrote:
> >> Also - there are no jacking point markings front or rear under the car
> >> (normally there are little triangles or arrows) - any pointers there
> >> as the pictures in the handbook don't match the car or the jack?!?
> >>

> > I've always found jacking points to not look very strong, so I always

jack