Old June 2nd 13, 11:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dizzy[_2_]

Default Argh! Tranny gone bad

"R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>"dizzy" > wrote:
>>
>> Update: Evidence is pointing to my car having the GM tranny, not the
>> ZF

>Well indeed - the fact it broke after only 12 years was primae facie
>evidence...

You mean because the ZF doesn't last that long? I've got 140,000
miles.

I suppose I'll have to replace it eventually, but the E46 is just
perfect for me. I honestly don't like the newer 3-series as much.
The E90 is OK, I guess, but even that has a bunch of things I don't
like, like run-flats and "push to start". Plus it's bigger than what
I like.