Old July 17th 12, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Civic lug studs

wrote:

> The Honda should be fixed tomorrow, if the parts have arrived.

I took the Honda in, intact, to the auto shop.
I was going to take the knuckle off and have them do the pressing, but
decided to let them have it all.

I left for about an hour, came back in time to watch them carefully use a
torque wrench on the axle nut, and again on my studs. I had them install
four new studs. I had left one stud and a nut in the center console. They
used my nut, but left the stud.

I looked down for the shiny parts, before realizing that the shiny parts
were hidden.
All I could see was an acorn lug nut with the top busted through where
either the new nut was too shallow, or one stud was too long.
;-(