Old July 16th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

Default Roll Bars???

On 2007-07-16, Carbon > wrote:

>>> Informative, thank you. It looks daunting enough that if I
>>> were to get one I might pay someone to install it. The Deuce
>>> looks pretty cool, but I don't know how much it would
>>> contribute to safety or stiffness.

>> I have a Hard Dog Duce in my '03. It has 6 mounting points and
>> I noticed the additional stiffness immediately!

Same here. (Also an 03.)

> Hmmm. I'll have to add that to my wishlist. Install it
> yourself?

The Duece isn't noticable at all while driving -- doesn't
obstruct the rearward view at all. It works fine with the
hardtop and with both NA and NB soft tops. NB: there are two
versions of the Deuce, one with rearward braces that descend
from more towards the center of the hoop and one where they
descend from the outboard sides of the hoop. I have the
latter.

I did. My brother and I installed two of them: one in his 96
and one in my 03. The first one took an entire weekend plus an
evening or two. The second one was done in one weekend. It's
not all that difficult a job, but it's a fair bit of awkward
work and not for the faint of heart (it involves drilling
though the body and cutting some sheet metal).

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Are we wet yet?
at