Old September 10th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default Tires for a '90 Miata

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Some manufacturers make a P195/55 r14. I'm thinking that the 55 series might
> be a closer match to the original circumference but I couldn't say for sure.

195/55-14 is a bit smaller diameter, and will make the speedometer error
worse. OTOH, if you fix the speedo via larger tires, you'll throw off
the odometer, which must be accurate with stock tires by law, for
warranty reasons.

Personally, I don't really care about any of that. I calculate the
speedo error with mileposts and a stopwatch, and pay little attention to
the odo. Actually, with 205/50-15 my speedo is almost perfect. But every
Miata is a little different.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO