Old August 31st 13, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Default scan tools, sensor readings?

Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 8/30/2013 3:59 PM, Geoff Welsh wrote:
>> bob wrote:

>>> You can buy a cheap smaller Halloween style smoke machine for $50
>>> if your on the cheap...
>>>
>>> bob

>> Great tip Bob.
>>
>> I had an EVAP class instructor mention that once and forgot all about
>> it. If anyone has done that, the step-by-step would be a great
>> thread/page/video for the home-gamer.
>>
>> GW

> Tell me more. I have a friend who could really use a smoke machine, but
> doesn't have $1K to spend on new equipment at the moment. (and he's my
> friend, but I don't like him THAT much.)
>
> nate

It isn't hard to make one using a glow plug and a good container.
Basically the hardest trick is getting the smoke through the system
without hurting anything, for that you need to regulate the air down a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbkGhUov74Q

And for one that is SUPER cheap....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRiK2HEA3QQ

--