Old May 16th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Fuel Problem in 1985 F150 302 EFI

I have just obtained a 1985 Ford F150 with the 302 engine, EFI fuel
system. This vehicle is in a no start condition, I have narrowed the
problem to a fuel problem by squirting gasoline in the intake and
cranking, the engine fires and will run as long as fuel is present.
Upon turning the switch to the "on" position, the high pressure pump
runs continously, not for 2-3 seconds as the "book" states it should.
I am not familuar with the Ford EFI system used in this vehicle so am
looking for hints as to where to start.

Thanks!

Vic