Old August 8th 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

Default Cash for clunkers?

On 2009-08-08, et > wrote:
> 1. Rich people can afford a new car and the fuel. People who drive
> clunkers normally can't afford a new car.... soooooo....
>
> Lts give a $4500 credit to a person who couldn't afford the payments
> on a new car, so they'll buy one, and still not be able to make the
> payments.

> (Gee, that sounds like the idea Clinton pushed on the banks to make
> more loans to low income families and illegal aliens so they could
> share in the Amwerican dream of home ownership.)

That's Keynesian economics. It made the great depression great.

> Next, we'll pay $7000 to any dealer who uses one of the credits.
>
> So, the dealer gets a $7000 cash payment while the buyer only gets a
> $4500 credit.

They got good lobbists.

> Then, we'll make it better. We won't limit to American companies the
> goverment just took over. The result? Of those people getting those
> new cars, 4 out of 5 are made in Japan. That REALLY goes a long way
> toward increasing jobs for Americans. And it sends the money outside
> the country which is great for the economy.

Made by a japanese company, but a big percentage of the actual vehicles
are assembled in the USA. Lots of the parts come from US suppliers too.
So it's not quite that bad.

> Yes, folks. The inmates ARE in charge of the asylum.

They have been for decades.

> If someone intentionally set out to bancrupt America, they couldn't do
> a better job than this administration is tryin to do.

that's because they are. In the end the people who own the majority of
elected federal office holders will have almost all the wealth of the
nation. It's not enough to be wealthy, everyone else has to be poor.