Old February 12th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HomerH

Default Bad Saturn Service

2005 VUE, FWD, V6:

Had them do a front brake job and about a week later, started a "grinding"
noise whne stopping at a sign or light. Only a slow, low speed stop.

Took it back in and they charged me $49.95 for a "brake inspection" and
found nothing wrong.

Two weeks later, noise MUCH worse so I took it to a shop a friend
suggested. They found the pins that the brakes slide on rusted and
binding. No lube at all on the shims and other issues. Fixed all of it for
$92.00. While there, he looked at my oil that I had changed at the same
time and it was low and dirty. I have been paying for synthetic oil every
3000 miles and apparently, they have not even been doing that since the
mechanic said the oil in my engine was not synthetic.

I have photos and documentation on all of this so I am filing a formal
complaint to the California BAR.

Folks, be careful out there. Saturn dealers are NOT always your friend.

JohnS
San Diego, CA