Old December 19th 05, 11:53 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default APR chip malfunction?

Hi all,
Had my 2000 A4 1.8TQ in for my oft-engaging engine check
light. Again the codes were for MAF meter and they changed it.
I just picked it up and when the turbo spools up in 2nd and up
gears, it sounds totally unlike before - very loud and clear (as
if someone hit the heater fan on full) and the car flies. But I
feared that's not good. So I pulled over to shut off the APR chip
via the cruise stick to see if it ran regular with the chip off,
but I don't get a blinking check light in either speed to select
on or off. Is my chip and/ECU fried? Am I likely to have to send
this ECU off to APR? Any thoughts? Thanks.

--
- Kyle