Old November 6th 16, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Scott

Default How to Replace 97 Explorer Blend Door Actuator Fails with Clicking Noise

replying to cw, Scott wrote:
I did this exact procedure on my 96 Explorer. Go OEM the with replacement
part. The one I bought from RockAuto didn't work. Motor didn't move at all
when plugged in. Outside looked the same, but cracked it open and the
circuitry wasn't even close! The one thing I did differently is to separate
the base from the unit itself. They snap together, Once separated, the base
is A LOT easier to put back in. Even the third screw in the back. After
putting the base back in, installing the unit is literally a snap. Just make
sure to plug it in and ensure it turns when turning the heat up / down.

--
for full context, visit http://www.motorsforum.com/ford-expl...-cl-18361-.htm