Old February 12th 05, 12:38 AM
Sskb

Maxdad wrote:
> Hello, my folks have a 94 Accord and the Shifter (Automatic) will not

work
> unless they use the Shift Lock key beside the shifter. At the same

time,
> the brake lights stopped working. I have heard a little bit about

this, but
> I have no idea what it is. Is there something a DIY person can do,

or is
> this serious? Thanks very much for any replies!

Old Honda too. I occasionally have the shift lock problem. Seems to
go away after I take the car in for its annual maintenance so I assume
that something in the maintenance cycle 'cures' the problem. Never
related it to any brake lights or problems with the electrical system.