Old June 3rd 13, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Seat belt warning

Hi all,

The seat belt warning (both beeper and light) of my 1991 Honda Accord starts going off about 10 seconds after I start the car. It does not stop! Both driver and passenger side automatic seat belts seem to be working fine. The beeping noise seems to be coming from a small box under the passenger seat..

The passenger side automatic seat belt did malfunction one day a few weeks ago. That day it did not completely retract a few times after closing the door. But it started working normally the next day. The incessant warning started only last week, so I'm not sure if it is related to the brief malfunction a few weeks ago.

Does anyone have ideas on what could be wrong, and how I can fix it? The non-stop warning is extremely annoying! How can I stop the warning until I fix whatever (if any) is wrong with the seat belt?

Also, would the fix for the problem be covered under lifetime warranty of the seat belt?

Thanks much,
Fijoy