Old March 26th 20, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Default ###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY###

wrote:
> Steve W.:
>> Shear the teeth off and slip

> Hence the 'buzzing exhaust' sound I heard minutes before I limped
> off of that interstate..!
>
> I suspect this guy simply did not know what he was doing, and probably
> instelled the new belt wrongly. In how many vehicles have you ever
> heard of having to lift the engine out to replace a TBT(Timing Belt &
> Tensioner)?

Well on the 2.0 version of that car you need to remove an engine mount
and lift the engine about 3 inches to get room enough to get the belt
off and on.
Actually common on many vehicles where they cram the engine in place.
There are a few that require mounts to be removed just to work with the
accessory belts.

--
Steve W.