Old June 12th 21, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Local Mechanic's Aligner Machine 'Insists'On Spec Settings

Chris K-Man > wrote:
>But two weeks ago was different: While he did maintain the=20
>negative thrust angle I asked him to achieve last year, he=20
>claims his Hunter rig would 'not let him proceed to the next=20
>step of the alignment if he did not get the toe spot on'

He doesn't know how to use his machine.

He needs to go through the procedure that the machine says, but then
after setting the toe with the machine, go back and reset the toe by
hand without telling the machine, then let the machine go through the
rest of the procedure.

It's a pain in the neck but that's how it goes when you're using a
system with a user interface designed for idiots.
--scott