Old June 11th 21, 11:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Chris K-Man

Default Local Mechanic's Aligner Machine 'Insists'On Spec Settings

Local Mechanic's Aligner Machine 'Insists'On Spec Settings

After a busy winter and the associated pot holes afterward,
I decided to have my car's alignment checked at a shop I
have used in the past, on my current car and on previous ones.

The guy is no 'McDonalds' aligner(just "get em in the green"),
and accommodates specific customer needs, as long as not
too 'out there'.

But two weeks ago was different: While he did maintain the
negative thrust angle I asked him to achieve last year, he
claims his Hunter rig would 'not let him proceed to the next
step of the alignment if he did not get the toe spot on'

My request was simple: 0.03° of front toe-in on a 2010 Honda
Accord that specifies 0° front toe, but a range of 0.08° in
or out. Another aligner I have used says he does race setups and can accommodate
custom settings.

So what's up with the first gy?