Old July 6th 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default completely OT!

pws wrote:
> On 7/4/2010 11:51 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> Mutt and slrn are far, far more "simple" than Thunderbird (which is a
>> huge, bloated program) or Live Mail (which is from Microsoft -- 'nuf
>> said).

> Chris, do you find this to be simple?
>
> http://www.mutt.org/
>
> Thunderbird is bloated, I agree, but it runs very well on my two ancient
> machines, and the fact that we are communicating now shows that it works
> at doing what I need it to do.
>
> Pat

look at the screen shots of mutt and you can tell why it lacks
popularity. not saying that it is bad, and certainly the totally text
based interface is what makes it fast and that is probably its appeal to
those that like it.
http://www.mutt.org/screenshots/
here is a nice round up of some readers with a good comparison and lots
of interesting user comments to boot. note that this selection are
cross platform readers, meaning products that are available in windows,
osx, and linux. as such you won't find mutt and a few others on the list.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/downlo...x-windows.html
that said, thunderbird is a no brainer. it works well, is a mature
product (you can import your old mail from tons of other readers, is
widely used, and is widely supported.