Old October 29th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default I re-started my membership and need help

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> It is like bitching at Coke, because NBC's network went off the
> air during the commercial or something.

No, that's wrong IMO. If I were to contract out my posting to r.a.s to an underling,
and that underling came on here effing and blinding, spamming, and being generally
obnoxious*, the blame would be entirely on my shoulders.

iRacing do deserve some slack; despite the professional veneer and tame hedge fund
manager, they're just a bunch of guys struggling to break new ground and making
regular cock-ups <coff>HUD</cough> along the way. But they do usually own up to
their mistakes... eventually. And in this case Tim rightly apologised.

Nothing's changed with the survey (last time I tried, anyway) but an apology is
better than nothing. Not quite as good as getting right in the first place when the
project already attracts quite enough flak, but we're all human even if we're paid
to pretend not to be. :-)

Andrew McP

*actually, he'd fit right in. ;-)