Old May 2nd 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default Bridgestone RE-11 short review

I finally decided to replace the 5 year old T1Rs--only half worn at 12k
miles, but too hard to trust anymore. Considering the car only sees
~1200 miles/year now, I ordered a set of RE-11s from Tire Rack.

Very impressive. They are heavier than the T1R, but are quiet and ride
almost as well, at least while new. Yes, I can feel the weight, but 3
lb. is no big deal (205/50-15). They feel quite different than the T1R,
much like the Azenis 215 but with more grip and a more progressive
behavior (and a better ride). They slide so benignly it's hard to
imagine a decent driver getting into trouble with them. Burnouts? With
stock power, forget it, they're way too sticky.

Oh, yeah: they look bitchen.

People are winning autocrosses at the national level on these tires.
What's surprising is how civilized they are in mundane driving. If you
want maximum summer grip, put 3000 miles or less on your Miata annually,
and never drive in snow, the RE-11 seems like a no-brainer. The price is
even reasonable, $117 for the 205/50-15. They'll soon be available in
14" as well.

BTW, I chose them over the Dunlop Star Spec due to reports on their
noise level and ride. Both tires seem to be at the top of the
grip/behavior list.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO