Old December 19th 05, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default More Rude Drivers

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:31:11 -0600,
(Brent P) wrote:

>Nice try.... but it fails on one basic concept. The golden, rule, which
>has many forms but essentially means not to cause other drivers to take
>evasive action. When one 'takes advantage of a sloth' there should be no
>action required of any other driver.
>
>Thanks for playing.

As another poster so keenly observed, the ones who are most confused
about the MFFY concept are the MFFYs themselves. MFFYs think their own
behavior is above reproach, and that people who refuse to "let them
in" or "show consideration" or otherwise refuse to allow their rights
to be trampled are the ones in the wrong.

A prime example is the IGFE (I'm Going Fast Enough) MFFY who feels no
obligation to vacate the passing lane for faster traffic as long as
he's going, say, 70 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. Even if the 85th percentile
speed is 75, all those cars can bloody well wait until he has finished
his leisurely pass.