Old November 27th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Andrew

Default Looking for stand alone OBD2 software with bidirectionalcapability

Hi again Steve,
I am looking to see which software packages will work with a stand-alone ELM-style harness. As I understand it, AutoEnginuity has a hardware dongle built into the harness itself that assigns a unique ID
in order to work with their software? I don't mind paying for the software but I wanted to use one harness for all the applications and a lot of good open source stuff seems to exist, ELM, etc. I guess
I will have to plug in the harness, test some demos and then post the results to know for sure.

I appreciate all the help so far with this and if any of you have any other suggestions based on personal experiences, please feel free to comment endlessly.

Thanks again,
Andrew.