Old November 26th 06, 06:59 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tony Grasso

Default ALFA 164 Not Starting-Electrical Fault

G'day,

Have owned my 164 for about 4yrs, & never had any trouble starting it.
But today, engine turns over, but not starting.
Called on-road on-site mechanic, pulled out one of the spark plug leads &
no spark.
Then found no spark to coil.
He also checked the distributor ( after removing cap ) & it seemed ok .
Any idea what the electrical fault could be ?

Will be towed away to garage tomorrow.
Unfortunately in my town, it's the only Alfa, & this garage has never worked
on an Alfa.
Can someone, please direct me, where i can download a "electrical system"
diagram, that i can print for the mechanic, to assist him to locate fault?

thank you in advance

tonyg