Old November 14th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Default FFB (new development)

On 11/11/2011 02:00, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs in life
> come from people who most would consider to be obsessive maniacs. :-)

Are you going to tell him or shall I that iRacing introduced a new
app.ini variable SteeringFFBSmooth. This mixes the current FFB settings
with the average to apply some filtering. So if like me you like some
steering weight but don't want your desk shaken over the bumps at Lime
Rock or hitting the ABS in an MX5 then this option can smooth things out.

This will give Mario another 6 decimal places to play with - think of
the combinations of filter+spring+damper+centre spring!