Old October 7th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Just let them do it without saying a word or else.

On 2008-10-06, N8N > wrote:
> On Oct 6, 12:41*am, Brent P >
> wrote:
>> On 2008-10-06, Harry K > wrote:
>>
>> > I happen to agree that that is what _should_ be. *Reality though is
>> > that you will rarely win an argument with a cop. *Pushing it will
>> > usually result in a trip to the grey bar hotel. *Thus one must decide
>> > just how far one wants to stick up for principles in view of the high
>> > cost and probability of losing.

>> There is something to be said for learning *how* to argue with cops. The
>> problem is it takes practice and understanding.
>>
>> The biggest problem is cops have one tool, a hammer, so all problems to
>> them look like nails.

> I'm not sure I want to know how one acquires practice at arguing with
> a cop. It seems to me that it would not be a pleasant learning curve.

It hasn't been pleasant but I have no intention of giving up vehicular
bicycling, so I've had to learn how to deal with them. I don't even have
to be bicycling now... two of the last three.... one came after me
because I 'made a face' at him when he turned left in front me forcing
me to stop, the other I was just walking home with my sammich and fries
and they decided I fit an extremely vague description they had of
someone who broke a window and did the full COPs rutine. I just about
lost it when the lead cop started his loud commanding forcible 'just
tell us you did it' routine on me....

I understand Bush has northcom setting up or set up a unit to do
policing. People should have resisted a long time ago, the longer they
go without resisting these violations of their liberty the harder it
will become to resist.