Old February 23rd 05, 08:13 PM
gixer

I can't believe you guys,

Its a long way sure but if you take your time, book some extra days and
break the trip up, call it a holiday and drive it mate.

We have done, Uk to Greece, and back twice now, each time taking different
routes through Europe, or the old Eastern block, every time has been
fantastic.
If you break down, you get it fixed, you take a can of Foam tyre repair in
case you get a puncture.(we took out the spare to free up more room)

We took a tent and camped most nights to save money, but had to buy a boot
rack for the extra kit that goes with camping.
I'm sure if you look at the map you can find some nice twisty lines
somewhere that break the freeway monotony.
I've got a custom made system with just 1 silencer, and no Cat, we had the
top down all the time except for one rainy day in France, (the shelf between
the wind blocker and the boot was a fantastic extra storage spot) and we
never noticed the exhaust noise in the slightest except through the Mont
Blanc tunnel, and that was only because we turned down the stereo

I bought a MX-5 so I could experience driving, rather than a tool that gets
me from A to B, and to me this sounds like a experience and a half,
I don't think it's fair to compare a trip like that in an open top sports
car, to a SUV.

Go for it mate, even if you don't fancy it id be tempted to fly over and
drive it for you

BTW how many miles is that?