Old February 23rd 05, 01:24 PM
Randy Maheux

Default What am I missing?

In 5 weeks I will be moving from San Diego to the Daytona Beach area. My
problem is getting my Miata back east. I could drive it in 4 - 12 hour days
or pay Mayflower to haul it with my furniture. Nine years ago I was a
zombie after driving a Ford Ranger from Tampa to San Diego in 4 days. Now,
at age 60, I am really tempted to let the movers do it. Using Mayflower
adds $600 to the cost but the thought of 45 hours in a car that I can't take
a nap in seems daunting. I might even come to hate my dual exhaust by the
time I got there!

My thinking seems stuck on weighing the cost against the discomfort.
Perhaps, someone in the group can give me other factors to consider or
things to look out for if I decide to ship the car. I could really use some
group wisdom on this....