Old June 16th 05, 07:24 PM
Joel Jacobs

"the guvnor" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:28:32 GMT, "Larry J."
> > wrote:
>
>>Waiving the right to remain silent, the guvnor
> said:
>>
>>> Ever wondered why so few American built cars are sold around the
>>> world?

>>Because you double the price with import taxes.

> Import duty is 10%
>
>>Yurop has never played fair with auto imports from the US.

> Note how the US car market is closed to true competition due to your
> fedralisation rules.

Improve your friggin' build quality on cars other than the Rolls, and
Americans might well buy your cars - IF you build them to world standards of
crash worthiness. I loved Rover, but Rovers - other than the old Land
Rovers - were pieces of crap. AND, your cars are expensive! Parts were
expensive, a decent mechanic was hardly ever to be found.

I don't think you realize just how large this country is. All the countries
of the UK are smaller than the single state of Oregon.