Old August 27th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
SHALLOWTALBY

Default (PS3) Gran Turismo HD soon, Gran Turismo 5 later

Android wrote:
> "AirRaid" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Gran Turismo HD will be released for PlayStation3 near launch. it is
> > basicly GT4 in 1080p
> > at 60 frames per second. Polyphony hopes to complete the true
> > next-gen GT5 by 2007, but I wouldn't expect it sooner than Nov-Dec
> > 2007, and probably will be pushed into 2008, concidering they want GT5
> > to have 100 times the detail of GT4.

> [SNIP]
>
> Considering Polyphony's history, try 2009...without Internet multiplayer.
> I'm still waiting for PSP Gran Turismo...the name of the game on the label
> used to show off the first UMD, but Polyphony's Motor Toon GP for PSP would
> be nice also!

Yep, this was the title that made me loose all faith in what Sony say
about anything.
I doubt we will see the game much before late 2008 even then a lot of
the promised features (whose betting of car damage will not feature)
will never appear on the game. I also thought they wasted too much time
including stupid hatchbacks and cars from 1880. They left out the most
successful racing saloons from history and instead threw in cars that
no one cares about (unless your father owned one when you were 12 -
Where the purple Marina then?). I am REALLY considering by an XBOX 360
sad though that is and I will have to cancel my Usenet membership
because all the postings in the XBOX camp are written by Jeremy
Clarkson wannabee's- POWER-WITH BIG GUNS!

SHALLOW