Old February 25th 11, 01:56 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default Audi body design errors

On 2011-02-24 18:01:59 -0500, AD > said:

> On Feb 23, 3:43*am, laurentien > wrote:

> 7

>>> They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). *Lo

> ok
>>> at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. *They weren't *
>>> designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. *The

> re
>>> is no "design errors".

>>> Dave
>>> RS6

>> I have to disagree there.
>>
>> I am sorry to say that I do not necessarily consider these MB cars
>> very well designed.
>>

> Where I'm from MB rust through from road chemicals just about as the
> cheap frankoitalian
> trash that is abundant in that neck of woods. A friend got a 2001
> entry level luxury
> hatch from alfa romeo & co: spent $1000 in repairs in no time at all
> and is cursing
> his decision every time he spins his perf winter rubber on snow and
> ice:
>
> front wheel drivers are pure trash imho. If it was not for quattro i
> would've gotten
> a beemer any day over audi.
>
>> I know a lot of coupes out there made to carry tall people in the
>> back,
>> remember the Audi Coupe ?
>>
>> It could fit two large adults in excellent seats at the back.
>> Peugeot has its 406 and 407 coupes able to carry people in the back,
>> otherwise, they should call these car 2+2.
>>
>> Then, I like to buy five door versions of cars being more practical
>> and having a nice shape,
>> like the Citroen C5 for example. But they have to be able to fit four
>> tall adults.
>>

> Yeah, you need to buy that french bucket of bolts to appreciate the
> german engineering.
> Assuming you have enough patience to disassemble half the car when you
> need to change
> headlight or taillight bulbs that contraption will rust through in 5
> years and maybe by
> then you'd take another look at the durable goods from germany.

Hmmmm. The MBs and Audis exported to the U.S. must be different. I
have owned Quattros since 1984 and have never had an issue with rust.
On the contrary, they outlast any of the American crap that is on the
road, and I lived all those years in New England where the roads are
treated with salt and other chems in the winter months. MB is the
same. Never heard of a rust problem.

Dave