Old February 18th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
David T. Johnson

Default Saturn gone?

somebody wrote:
> http://jalopnik.com/5155377/gm-to-of...ost-of-pontiac
>
> Our sources tell us GM's viability plan set to be released at 5:00PM
> will kill the Saturn brand by 2011. Pontiac will also go away as a
> division. But the nameplate will sorta live on.
>
> So basically, what we've heard is the brand meant to compete against
> the foreign brands is dead — Saturn goes away in 2011. There will be
> no new products for Saturn and Saturn dealers are getting a video from
> Mark LeNeve at 5:00 PM to inform them. We're thinking Mark should cut
> a check to send with it. As far as Pontiac, it goes away as a
> division. The nameplate will live on on some vehicles — but we've got
> no idea what "niche products" they're talking about. More coming
> shortly.

The original Saturn S-cars introduced in 1991 were amazingly good cars
considering that they were entirely new and designed and built from the
ground up in a new plant with an entirely new engine. Imagine what
would have happened if GM had not killed off the Saturn Division and the
Saturn manufacturing plant but had stuck with the plan and updated and
improved the original cars? It's hard to have any sympathy for such a
mindlessly stupid and wasteful company as GM is.

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a