Old December 6th 04, 09:30 AM

Default Larger gas tank on a '93 Civic vx

I am getting close to 50MPG on my commuter '93 Civic VX (no hybrid
for me. I can get about 420 miles/tank before I chicken out and
fill up the 10 gallon tank (I can usually get about 8.5 gallons
in there).

I want to extend the range of my civic by putting in a bigger gas
tank from the same generation civic DX, EX, or SI which holds
12 gallons. Has anyone done this before? I'll extend my range
another 100 miles/tank which is great for me since I can go for
a week without filling up.

Anyone know of any issues I may run into? I'm almost sure the size
of the tank will not be an issue. Too bad I can't fit the accord
17 gallon gas tank in there (if I could, I would get over 800
miles/tank).
Gary