Old November 28th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1996 Blazer Starter Relay

wrote:
> Where would I locate the Starter Relay on my 96 blazer? Is it behind
> the plastic cover inside the glove compartment?
>
> Thanks

Follow the thick positive battery cable. It will lead you right to it.
Might be mounted on the starter itself.
There's another starter relay, a small one that controls the big
one, and it might be in the fusebox. Little black box with four
terminals. If there are more than one with the same part number,
switching them might make the starter go. Or stop. We have a '96 Astro
that had a stuck starter, and this little relay had frozen closed. The
fusebox is under the hood on the left fender well.

Dan