Old April 24th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

Default Turn right, skips and jumps, turn left, back to normal, whatthe hell?

>> Check the simple stuff first.

> Okay, got some carb cleaner, cleaned it out, replaced plugs, wires,
> distrib cap, and air filter. Oil/Oil Filter and clutch recently
> replaced. It seems to do it LESS, but it still does it. Might be
> carb, might be fuel filter, and I dunno where the float valve would
> be, how do I go about checking the carb further and the float valve,
> I'll get the fuel filter changed soon.

The float valve is inside the carb and maintains a constant level of
fuel in the small reservoir in the carb that the metering jets draw fuel
from. If you buy a carburetor rebuild kit, it will be included (new
needle/seat for the valve, and sometimes a new float also). But you
should know what you're doing before you tear into a carburetor,
particularly one as cantankerous as a last-year-before-fuel-injection
Japanese carb. Do the fuel filter first...